Allergic to bee venom, can I take Royal Jelly?

by Tao
(Boise, id)

My mother is 89. She has memory loss due to insulin resistance. She was told several yrs ago that she was allergic to bee venom. I take rj regularly with only good benefits and I wanted to give her some.

Is there any danger? How much shld she take?

Thank you.

Angela's Comments:

Yes, she should be cautious. However, she is allergic to bee venom and there is no bee venom in royal jelly. So it is possible that she can take royal jelly but you should be very cautious in giving her any. If you decide to, start out with the tiniest amount and very, very slowly over several weeks increase the dose ONLY if she tolerates it well. And as always, speak with your doctor to let him know what you are thinking of doing.

Bee healthy,
Angela

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The Royal Jelly Forum.


These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.

Disclaimer: The information on Bee Pollen Buzz.com is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prevent any disease. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Angela Ysseldyk and her community. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified heath care professional.

© Copyright 2017 Bee-Pollen-Buzz.com & BPB Health Solutions Inc.   |   All Rights Reserved   |   Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Disclaimer