Bee Pollen Recipes
By using the products of the hive in bee pollen recipes and smoothies on a daily basis, you will find a new level of vitality, energy and health.
I am a fairly active individual. I am a working mother of two and I train for half marathons and triathlons and do the odd bike race. I also enjoy training with weights and doing Yoga. As a result of my activity level, I need the absolute best nutrition I can put in my body....or I suspect I'll end up burnt out!
As a result of my bee pollen recipes and smoothies, I find that I rarely run out of energy. In fact, I often find that part way through my workout, run or whatever I am doing that day, my energy levels tend to increase! I am not referring to caffeine based energy that has me bouncing off the walls but stable, natural, healthy energy. I like to call it 'vitality.'
These recipes allow me to have energy at the end of the day to do those things that most of us are too tired to do such as laundry, cleaning or going out with friends and family. And that is what vitality is - making it to the end of the day without needing stimulants like coffee to do it.
I attribute the “energy” effect of Pure Bee Pollen to several things - the Branch Chain Amino Acids it contains, the trace minerals and a little bit of factor X – (the unknown compounds it contains). The fact is my body craves the nutrients found in bee pollen.
Please note that for the bee pollen recipes below I have given Dairy Free Options and Gluten Free options for those with allergies or intolerances.
- 1 cup Apple Juice or orange juice or favorite “pure juice only” juice (no sugar!)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Liquid Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Bee Pollen granules
Blend all ingredients together in a Blender for 30 seconds or until desired thickness is achieved.
Healthy Blender Drink
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Prunes, cooked and pitted
- 1 TBSP Ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup real orange juice
- 1 TBSP Pure Liquid Honey
- 1 tsp (up to TBSP) Pure Bee Pollen granules
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
Makes about 10 ounces – a light breakfast/meal for one.
NOTE: You can also add 1 TBSP Peanut Butter or Almond Butter for extra energy.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp – 1 TBSP Bee Pollen granules
Combine egg, juice, honey, and pollen granules. Beat or shake until well blended. Serve immediately. Makes one serving. Serve cold.
This drink makes an excellent breakfast drink for those in a hurry or on a hot summer morning.
The Super Smoothie (Vegan)
- 1 cup Frozen berry blend (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries) Organic preferred.
- 1 Banana (or mango or pear)
- 1 scoop Protein powder (Sun warrior chocolate or Vega Sport Protein work great)
- 1 teaspoon Hemp hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon Chia seeds ground
- Dash of Turmeric (helps with inflammation)
- 1 scoop of Greens powder (Wild Greens is my fav)
- 1 tablespoon Bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon of Omega oil such as Udo's Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground flax
- Pure juice to taste (cranberry, pomegranate, blueberry)
Peachy Honey Float
- 2 Cups crushed fresh peaches
- ½ Cup honey
- 1 qt or 4 cups Milk, Almond Milk or Rice Milk
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- 4 cups Quality Vanilla or Cherry Ice Cream or Vanilla Rice Ice Cream
Combine fresh peaches and honey in a container or blender. Add half the milk; beat and blend. Add the remaining milk and almond extract and half of the ice cream. Beat until smooth.
Pour into 4-6 tall glasses, top with the balance of the ice cream. What a great healthy treat!
Honey Egg Nog
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 Cups cold Milk, or cold plain Rice Milk, or plain Soy Milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 TBSP Bee Pollen granules
Combine eggs with honey and Bee Pollen and mix well. Beat in milk and vanilla. Sprinkle lightly with Nutmeg. Makes 2 servings.
Read Related Articles: