My friend and I bought bee pollen granules a few weeks ago. I stared taking 2 teaspoons in the morning...the taste isn't great so how would you best recommend to take it?
Also, is it unsafe to take it for a long period of time? In other words, can I take it forever if I wanted too?
Bee pollen can be mixed in literally anything. I mix it in cereal, granola, yogurt and even apple sauce. My favorite way to ingest bee pollen is to blend it into my morning protein smoothie with fruit, a greens drink and my Essential Fatty Acid blend.
Some people prefer to simply chew their bee pollen and swallow. While at first it has a rather different taste for most, it really does grow on you and is quite palatable. In my opinion, this is the best way to ingest your pollen as your digestive system has a chance to really start breaking down the outer pollen shell and releasing the valuable nutrients inside.
Ultimately, it is up to you how you consume your pollen. It is extremely versatile and can be chewed, blended, mixed or simply swallowed. The most important thing is to make it a part of your daily nutrition so find out what works best for you and stick to it!
And yes, you could literally take bee pollen forever. It is a food first and foremost and many people have taken it for decades safely.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The Bee Pollen Forum.