Comments for Allergic Reaction to Bee Pollen

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 13, 2017
If you've had an allergic reaction
by: Anonymous

Haven't had bee pollen in 20 years since having a massive allergic reaction Took a vitamin pack last night that I got on the road. Didn't read ingredients. Had an allergic reaction. There was bee pollen in it

Apr 01, 2011
Serious reaction to bee pollen
by: Anonymous

Without consulting a doctor, I gave my daughter (16) bee pollen. She put a teaspoon on her cereal and 10 minutes later she was throwing up, with serious allergy symptoms. I had no idea that if you have pollen allergies you should be careful with this. Talked with a friend who's son had allergies and he has been 85% cured of them by taking local honey. So I went to store that sold local honey and was telling person how my friends son was helped with the honey. He recommended the bee pollen also. I had no idea about these reactions. They should have something on the label about this. I was really scared for my daughter. She took a benadryl and symptoms subsided, but her stomach was hurting pretty bad. Is this a common side effect to throw up? I'm assuming it was from the allergic reaction, or is something else going on? That was REALLY scary!!!

Angela's Comments:

I'm glad your daughter is ok. It is very uncommon to get a reaction like your daughter did but it does happen when people don't follow my directions in How to Take Bee Pollen. I recommend starting out with 1 or 2 granules at a time to determine tolerance. This surely would have prevented the reaction your daughter had. I suspect she had an allergic reaction or it could have been very poor quality bee pollen that was contaminated or had gone bad. Bee pollen needs to be kept cool and dry at all times. Let me know if you have any more questions.


Aug 10, 2010
Causes of your allergic reaction
by: Angela

Angela's Response:

Was this your fist time taking a bee pollen product? Do you feel like you are allergic to something within your apartment? Do your symptoms improve when you leave your apartment? My husband has environmental sensitivities that trigger his allergies and the things we had removed were old carpets (molds), all perfumes/colognes and virtually everything with fragrances including our laundry detergents. Also, if it is an older building, check your ceiling for evidence of molds.

Clearly you have an extreme sensitivity to bee products and should avoid them. I would suggest going to a Naturopathic Doctor who can test you for more advanced allergies and sensitivities than an MD can. An MD is likely to simply test you for grasses, trees, molds etc.

Aug 09, 2010
Severe Allergic Reaction
by: Anonymous

Hi everyone. I would just like to reiterate the point that it is extremely important to start with very very small doses and work your way up. If you have ANY averse reaction stop taking it and never introduce it into your body again. I went into anaphylactic shock last week with just a pinch of bee pollen and almost died. I have no known allergy to anything and even though I took such a small dose, it was almost fatal. I am still having issues while inside my apartment and start to feel the symptoms again even though I have cleaned the apartment from top to bottom vaccuming and scrubbing everything. Benedryl has been amazing for me. It is somehow still here. I am now trying a hepa filter so hopefully that will help. I don't know what to do at this point and would just like to seriously advise people to BE CAREFUL! If you have any further advice for me on how I can possibly de-contaminate my fridge and apartment I would welcome and try anything. Thank you.

Jun 28, 2010
Taking Bee Pollen and Royal Jelly
by: Teri

Wouldn't it be better to add the Royal Jelly after doing the pollen and knowing you can take the pollen? That is the way I have decided to handle it, but if you think both can be done at the same time. I just want to clarify.

Hi Teri,
You make a good point. To be on the safe side, it is wise to introduce one supplement/food at a time, especially when dealing with the products of the hive which can have powerful effects. It can be done at the same time but if you do react to one product, it is hard to know which one is causing the reaction. So ultimately, I think you're doing it the smartest way!

Jun 22, 2010
by: Harold

The brand was Stakich. Thanks for the info. I will see how that works out. Will build up very slowly. I don't want to have an allergic reaction again.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The Bee Pollen Forum.

Return to Allergic Reaction to Bee Pollen.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.

Disclaimer: The information on Bee is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prevent any disease. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Angela Ysseldyk and her community. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified heath care professional.

© Copyright 2024 & BPB Health Solutions Inc.   |   All Rights Reserved   |   Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Disclaimer